November 20.

We went to the Bodies exhibit at the Mall of America. Seeing in person the skeleton and muscles that we've studied in class was valuable. Flat pictures simply cannot read the same that a three dimensional specimen can. Seeing the bodies allowed us to understand how the body is put together in space. Seeing how the spine worked inside the body was especially interesting.

The MIA didn't have anything new up since my last visit there and that was disappointing. I did walk around MCAD with another Stout student and it was interesting seeing there facilities. They had several miniature gallery spaces that appeared to be a place for students to have work critiqued. That, and their very separate studio spaces were what I was most intrigued by.

We also drew skulls in class this week and that went really well. I think these are my best drawings in class to date.